Saturday, July 25, 2009

Grammar shmammer!

I think that in general T has wonderful verbal skills for his age, and has for some time. As is expected with many toddlers, he has difficulty enunciating "L's" and "N's" though. I have concerns about his going between proper speech and this made-up, funny language he uses, often when he's playing or is super hyper...Jason calls it his Chinese! At 3 1/2 I think he speaks well though. After all, he can say the name of most dinosaurs, many of them I hadn't heard of before having him!
But I am here to admit that there are some words he uses that I just haven't had the heart to correct...what can I say? He is just so darn cute sometimes, and I don't see the harm in letting it go just a bit longer!

Here are the ones I can recall at this moment, T's version versus the proper one! (And of course it sounds way cuter in person! Or at least just to his mommy!)

Baps : Bats(my favorite word, I love how he sounds, I can't get enough, Jason can't stand it)
Skeenos : Mosquito
Bankit : Blanket
Bawanna : Banana
Pah-pakes : Pancakes
Ockapus - octopus
Pep store : Pet store
Rounquackasquare : Graham crackers
cheese enchawa: enchilada
Bandi - Bambi
Baff : Bath
Bawoon : Balloons
Gwasses : Glasses (Every morning he runs down the hall to our room, gets my glasses for me to put on and says "here Mommy put on your gwasses!)
I wuv you! : Love!

1 comment:

Comarsh Crew said...

So cute! You even spelled them just the way they sound!