Friday, January 15, 2010

30 + Weeks and counting!



T took this one!

And here's the belly...the first and last time I'll probably show you "au natural!"


Hard to imagine I have about 10 weeks left...doesn't that mean 10 more pounds! I already feel like my body is stretched beyond its limit, but I'm sure this little man will find a way to make room!




Getting to 30 weeks has been relatively uneventful. I am very thankful for having a generally easy pregnancy, with fatigue in the beginning being the only major symptom the first 3 months. This pregnancy has been different in that this baby is in a completely different position than T had been. T was stretched out from side to side. This baby is low and pushing out in front. Up until about 22 weeks, he was positioned very low in my pelvis, causing me to feel like I had to pee constantly anytime I was standing, which is not entirely comfortable, but could be worse right!?

Since Halloween, my belly has definitely made its presence known and I blame it entirely on the holidays and all of the wonderful comfort food that goes with it. Last week my OB told me he would like it if I only gained another 5 lbs. by term, and I laughed at him and said that would be impossible since the baby himself will gain 1/2 lb. a week for the next 10 weeks, not including the fluid retention I'm sure I will develop towards the end. I am on track to gaining 10 pounds less than I did with T, which I am comfortable with. It's always nice when your own physician perpetuates such unrealistic standards.

I did have a little snafu if you will, when I accidentally fell off of a small chair the day before Christmas Eve. I fell on to my tailbone, not my abdomen thankfully, but within minutes I began experiencing contractions that became consistant every 5-10min over the next few hours. Jason was fast asleep when this all happened, even after the loud crash I'm sure my body made as it thudded against the floor, and T and myself yelling for him, his hibernation apparently couldn't be disrupted. I am thankful I wasn't seriously hurt otherwise who knows how long I would have been on my own. It was my dad's birthday lunch which I did not intend on missing so I put off calling L&D, hoping that after eating and walking around a bit, the contractions would subside. They didn't slow down, so my family, who were not very pleased with my putting it off, had me call L&D who asked me to come in for observation. I was admitted for the evening, and my contractions and the baby were monitored closely. Thankfully after about 6 hours the contractions went from about 8-10 and hour, to 4 or less which meant I was stable enough to go home. There was no sign of cervical dilation so the contractions weren't actually stimulating labor. Leave it to me to be clumsy enough to begin all of this drama!

1 comment:

Shelley, Nick, and Baby G said...

I am glad that you and your baby are OK! You look great - so small for 30 weeks!