Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Zoo Day

I think if my Mom had it her way, we would take the kids to the zoo every weekend! She just loves watching the boys get such enjoyment out of seeing the animals.  Of course you couldn't tell from this picture of the 4 of us...we had just walked through the entrance and they want to stop you to take a picture, and Talan is like, "Um I sooo don't have time for this! The animals are waiting!"  We always try to get to a zoo early in the morning because that is generally when the animals are most active, not to mention when my kids are the happiest and least worn out!

The Mandrill is such a unique animal, it's head profile is similar to a lion, but the body of a primate - Odd

Tanner calls a Hippopotamus, "Bippo" and Talan still says "Hippo-Hot-amus." I refuse to correct their cute little sayings because one day they'll do it themselves and they will just be all grown up!
                                                                          Sleepy Tiger
 Talan's current favorite, a Snow Leopard
See this tree frog at the bottom of the picture? It was so grumpy looking!
The SF Zoo has had a Tarantula exhibit for a while and we've visited it twice already...of course Talan thinks it's the coolest thing ever, much to my horror.  The stuffiness and humidity in that building doesn't really improve my outlook on arachnids so while he stared FOREVER at each tank with my Mom, I stayed outside with the baby breathing fresh air watching the Cranes.
                                                     One section of the Anaconda=Massive
Tanner's current favorite animal is the Giraffe, which he calls a "Baaaaaf" (who knows where they come up with their interpretation of the words!)
For lunch we met my sister at the Beach Chalet then played at Ocean Beach across the street...we were lucky to have wonderful weather, then again this is the best time of year in the city!

No comments: