Thursday, August 20, 2009

First day in Truckee

Our first day in Truckee was not without a few snaffoos if you will! A few incidences of getting, uh...lost(but don't use that word with Jason or my Dad!!) finding the condo and than again finding this lake, made for some extra time spent in the car! Thankfully, T is a superior travel companion and wasn't too phased by the increased drive time. We ate lunch at the Truckee diner, then headed off to Martis Lake, a location where in years past before I was married and a Mom, my Dad would fish by himself while my mom, sister and I would shop in downtown Truckee. On this particular day, I think the act of fishing outweighed the actual act of catching fish, as there was only one significant nibble in about 3 hours! But T could care less, he was just happy to be outside with his Dad and Papa, throwing rocks.

Hooray for worms

Where are all of the fish?

Love that I caught this moment


When we say T is going fishing, it really means rock throwing! The actual action of fishing lasts about 5 minutes, before distraction takes over!


Proper rock-skipping technique


My dad tying his fly's on the line


Distracted!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks like you're spending a lot of really great quality time with your family. That is so nice to see and T is getting BIGGER and BIGGER!

-Katherine