Wednesday, August 26, 2009

We're officially becoming a family of four

It's official, we are no longer going to be just the 3 of us, and out little guy is going to become a big brother! We are expecting a baby in March 2010! We did tell T that he is going to be a big brother and that there is a tiny baby growing every day in my belly. He asks often, "why is the baby not growing bigger?" As in, hurry up and get here, baby! He says he is going to share everything with the baby - his bed, his toys, his blankets! We'll see when the baby actually arrives!!

We are very excited, and can't wait for October when we find out the baby's gender. The Warren side is really praying for pink, or my preference purple, so we'll see! The Chinese gender prediction lunar calender says it's a boy, based on my age and the estimated date of conception!:) But ultimately we'll be happy with a healthy baby of course, and T goes back and forth between saying he wants a sister or a brother.

It is still sinking in for me I think, I just keep trying to imagine what it will be like this time next year when there is another addition to our family. Weekly beach trips with a new baby and 4 year old?! Day trips on a whim? How blessed and lucky I have been to be able to do these things with T. We'll have to see what I can handle when this baby arrives! It has been just the 3 of us for almost 4 years now and we have grown quite comfortable in our routine, and have such an amazing relationship with our little guy, adding a baby to this does leave me feeling a bit anxious. I know it is natural to feel a bit of fear and trepidation with the knowledge that your family is expanding, and this bit of anxiety is temporary.

I can't wait to actually start having a bit of a belly, so I can wear all of my cute maternity clothes! This pregnancy is occurring at the opposite time of year from when I was pregnant with T, but I hope to not have to buy too many new things. There is a faint purple line on the left!


The hat we made for a little stuffed animal to announce to Daddy we were pregnant



My intention was to make a hat that said "Big brother is 2010" so T could announce to everyone our big news.

My attempt at creativity ended in splattered paint! By the time Jason arrived home, the puff paint was still tacky, but I had told T to put his hat on when Daddy got home, so this was the end result when he put it on - "Big Brother in *&(&8(0#*" supposed to say 2010!! Oh well, this is our reality these days, having a 3 1/2 year old assist with art projects can only be expected to turn out in this special way.

2 comments:

Shelley, Nick, and Baby G said...

Congrats officially! How exciting - I hope that you are feeling good! Let's get together soon...

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!! Wow, I can't wait to hear the gender, Kris! xoxoxo