Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It is polite to share...

Starting at a very young age, we are always telling our children how it shows good manners to share with their freiends. Well I wanted to share a recipe that I have used a lot recently! You know how some people get a little protective over their recipes, which I can understand if it is a family secret passed on and such.
Not the case for this one...it is a Rachael Ray recipe, as she is my go-to for quick meals any day of the week.  Getting a meal together before leaving for work in the evening can be quite a task some days, depending on the state of my boys! But my family seems to really enjoy this one and I think it has a restaurant quality to it, if I can give myself a pat on the back, or I guess Rachael! 
One change though, I don't prefer thighs so I use bone-in chicken breasts. And I put the chicken and Louisiana sauce in a crockpot on High for 4 hrs so that the meat becomes very tender that it just falls off the bone - Perfect.  Add some homemade rice pilaf and sauteed aspargus, it's a winner.  Tanner devours this chicken by the way!

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/chicken-thighs-louisiana-style-gravy/

No comments: