Monday, May 16, 2011

Some well-placed ruffles and strategic ruching are indeed my best friends

Summer is and always has been my favorite season as I love the long hours of daylight, balmy evenings, my summer wardrobe, the sense of laid back relaxation people seem to have, the nostalgia of summer's past, driving with the window down over Hwy 17 on my frequent trips of course to the beach and all that it involves...I love everything about summer with the exception of one detail...swimsuits.  Bleh. I really, really, really, dislike them. I dread the act of swimsuit shopping, swimsuit trying on, swimsuit wearing, swimsuit walking around, swimsuit sitting/playing/carrying/digging/building with my children...it all makes me cringe and wimper at the same time.  Not since senior year of high school have I felt even remotely close to comfortable wearing a bikini, probably due in great part to the lack of child-bearing I had done at that time!  We as women regardless of our size all have the same disdain for swimsuit shopping due to one reason or the other, even if some of those reason's make me want to punch someone; ie.this one doesn't come in a size small enough or this one doesn't give me enough cleavage.  Yet I am excited to say that I believe I have found the perfect bathing suit, for me at least.  Gone are the days when I will even consider a two-piece, so a one-piece suit is what I have chosen, and I do believe the adjectives "cute" or "sexy" might even be used to describe it! I can honestly say that I am thrilled to wear it, in public even, not just in the comfort of my own closet!

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=516839&CategoryID=8699#fn=SWIM_STYLE%3DOne%20Piece%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D64

No comments: