Thursday, December 8, 2011

So let's Play Catch Up

Do you see how long it's been since I've posted a blog? Life just refuses to slow down for some reason!
So let's catch up shall we....

October Fleet week

Columbus/My Birthday weekend is Fleet Week, and this year we brought both my and Jason's parents to enjoy the spectacle. We had a wonderful time, ate some de-lish Italian food at Luisa's, followed by some SF food truck cupcakes! As usual, Fleet Week did not disappoint.  I understand there are some people who find the whole event obnoxious and encroaching.  But for this family just seeing, hearing, and even feeling the planes and Jets is awe-inspiring...to see my boys with their jaws dropped and eyes amazed, the whole experience couldn't be better!

















Jason and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary and I had a birthday the next week. (I can't remember how old I am since having children, so we don't need to acknowledge the actual year!)
We combined our celebration week into a one night stay at the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay...ate the famous lasagna and pumpkin frites at Pasta Moon, followed by pumpkin fro-yo(hey, we were in Pumpkin central!) and sat in beautiful silence next to our patio fire pit! The next day was unseasonably warm, 78 degrees to be exact and we hiked over to Pillar Point where the historic Mavericks surf competition takes place each year.  I was soooo overdressed and hot but was able to buy some sandals to feel more comfortable... we had a gorgeous weekend.

Some token old wedding pics...

Remembering the cake fight....I think everyone should have one!

Fire pit action with my Coach shoes!
                                                    
                                                                   Oh right, and the hubby!

                                                                   
                                                                              Maverick's


                                                       
                                                                  Quiet sunrise all to myself








I kidnapped my sister to a country music concert...Keith Urban!!! So of course she couldn't fight back, he's too perfect! I haven't been to many concerts since having the boys, but this one was incredible!






Of course there was Halloween, big T chose to be Tim Lincecum, little T refused to where his giraffe costume so we all decided to be "Timmy's" Giants entourage.  It was a warm night, kids had fun, Tanner even went up to one door by himself to get some candy (he was a little weary of the whole process but was happy to have a firm grip on a baseball instead of his Trick-or-Treat bucket!)

Jason ended up being Baby Giraffe the rest of the night!  Here's the family picture Tanner didn't want to be part of!