Thursday, April 8, 2010

15 minutes

This morning, the boys and I slept in until 8:20, which would have been super awesome especially since I didn't actually fall asleep until just before 6 and Tanner had a colicky night, except that T had swim class at 9am at AVAC in Cambrian. We have to leave our house by 8:40 if we are going to be on time, and for a 30 min. swim class, being a few minutes late really cuts into his class and is just plain disruptive and rude.
I hate being late. And I don't like to make excuses for being late, I'm not the only mother of multiple kids and many other parents arrive on time to their things.
So this morning by the time T shuffled into my room and we all got up, I had 15 minutes to get us all dressed, diaper changed, fed(we are all grumpy if we don't eat), and packed into the car. 15 minutes is really not enough time at all, Tanner takes at least 30 min to nurse as it is!
So, did we make? You bet, with 2 minutes to spare actually. So what if we had morning/cereal breath! At least my baby wasn't sitting in a poopy diaper and I was actually dressed in something other than the pajamas I've worn the last 2 nights. I would say this morning could have been a disaster and T could have missed his swim class that he enjoys so much and that would have made me feel awful for him.
I have no excuses for sleeping in today. But I have to say, I am super proud of myself for getting us all out the door and on time today...it is no easy feat when you have a newborn, as all of my mommy friends know:)

No comments: