Monday, April 5, 2010

Wahhh!

That's how I sounded last week with my recent blog....thank you for allowing me the opportunity to vent, and to be honest, have my own private bitchfest! I am more than grateful to all of you for your understanding, support, and empathy.

I am feeling refreshed after 4 hours of sleep last night and look towards this week with much more positivity. I am well aware of the fact that I am not alone in this journey through motherhood; that millions of women endure the same emotions and experiences that I do, and of course many of those women have far more dire circumstances than I do. So that truth does not escape me. But at 3am, when I am covered in spit-up, deliriously navigating the sketchy task of changing my sons explosive poopy diaper in my sleepless stupor, all the while trying to prevent him from peeing in his own face, and comforting a 4 year old who woke up in a rare incident of being covered in pee himself, it is possible to feel all alone in those moments.

But make no mistake. I am completely enamored by, in love with, in awe of, and so robustly full of pride over my two boys that my heart feels as though it truly has doubled in size. I have an amazing husband, the most supportive and loving family, and wonderful friends that have gotten me through these last 4 weeks. I am such a lucky girl.

talan(he typed this himself!)





No comments: