Monday, May 10, 2010

Sometimes a Mommy needs things to make her life easier

Infant bathtubs are so large and cumbersome. Where are you supposed to store them when you aren't using them? As I have said over and over, in our little condo what storage we have is already filled to capacity so we never had an infant bathtub due to lack of anywhere to put it where we wouldn't be tripping over it every day. When T was an infant, I had a little foldable mesh chair from BabiesRUs, that I had placed in the bathtub, but it was always really uncomfortable for my back to lean over the bathtub.
Right before I delivered Tanner, my Mom, sister and I were shopping at Tiny Tots in Campbell and came across this Puj Tub! I didn't purchase it at the time, thinking I would wait and see how I would manage his bathing. But after weeks of bathing Tanner in the sink, and awkwardly grasping his slippery, fragile little body trying to prevent him from hitting his head on the faucet or marble, I decided the Puj tub was a necessity! And wow, has it made bath time so much more relaxing and enjoyable for all of us! Tanner is so comfy in the soft foam seat. And storing it is so simple, I just hang it in the shower nearby, and it is so thin that it never gets in our way. Love it, highly recommend it, and am so thankful to whomever designed it!!








A while back I posted a blog about the Mountain Buggy double stroller I purchased. I have since returned it, realizing how bulky and heavy, at 37lbs!, and just plain inconvenient that stroller was for our lifestyle and our lack of storage options. Like many mom's I know, it seems I am in a constant quest for the perfect stroller. Whether you have one child or four, it seems there is always a stroller that is better than the one you have, and as your life changes and the needs of your child or children change, so too do the requirements for a stroller.
Well I believe I have found the perfect stroller. The design was just made available to the public in March. It is called the City Select by Baby Jogger. It is considered an all terrain stroller and can be used for everyday use, as well as jogging. It can be converted to a double stroller, and has over 16 configuration options!! Each seat has a 45 lb weight capacity so T can sit in still for the next year. (Yes he does like to sit in a stroller. Anyone who has an opinion about this, as I did prior to having kids, can keep it to themselves. No I am not promoting my child to be lazy, anyone who has seen T in action knows that is far from the truth. But he is still only 4 and kids get tired, and he likes to nap in a stroller while we run errands sometimes too.)
There is a baby carrier car seat attachment, that I use for Tanner. But the large seat also reclines to flat, and Tanner has already rode in this part of the stroller at Happy Hollow and on a recent jog at Campbell Park.

I love everything about this product and offer to show anyone who even glances at it if they want me to show them how it works! I know it will be the last stroller we purchase and that it will stay with us as our family continues to grow!



1 comment:

Aleyta said...

You are obsessed with this stroller lol :) YAY!