Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Talan's snowflakes



O christmas tree!


Notice T stabbing the tree with a stick...again only a boy! Then of course he found a little girl to have chase him around the tree lot! We usually cut down a tree in Santa Cruz, thankfully we didn't that day because he began with a fever an hour later.






No spinach for me, please!

On the way to run Christmas errands, this is a defining moment, T keeping his hat on!
It's a struggle believe me. When you imagine becoming a parent you think to yourself, my child will just listen to me and do what I say when I tell them because I am the boss, especially when it comes to what you as an adult consider to be trivial non-issues like clothing. However every child has their "endearing issues!" At the age of 1 T became keenly aware of his senses and what everything felt like to him. Then all of a sudden I was struggling to find ways to get my little baby dressed every day in the dead of cold winter, when he screamed/flailed/became a wet noodle about wearing jackets with zippers, sweatshirts with hoods, a Hat, or jeans instead of soft cotton pants. And this sensitivity he continues to have, although some days are better than others with A LOT of distraction which you only have so much time and patience for every day. It is something we talk about daily and as he gets older he understands and tries to be a big boy and be brave by not having a tantrum about it but he's 3 so he does his best and that is all that I can ask for.
So if ever you, or I for that matter, pass judgement on a parent who's child is throwing a tantrum for some reason, I try to sympathize instead of criticize because there could be something more behind that child's reaction than just being a spoiled brat...it's not just that simple, believe me.


T offered to help make Daddy cinnamon rolls...so he says wait Mommy let me get my tool....only a boy would choose a meat tenderizer! He was so proud to have helped mommy bake, I mean PUT the dough in a pan!

1 comment:

Comarsh Crew said...

I am so sorry that Talan was sick so much of the month. I know our family had it's share of sickness. Cayden caught the flu I had and actually vomitted. He has never gotten sick like that. It's heartbreaking when your children are sick. I am glad to hear he is feeling better! Hope you had a fabulous Christmas!