Sunday, April 5, 2009

A lovely day

T asked to have his face painted much to my surprise...he sat so still too!
Sitting proud with all of his treasures


Ferris wheel time, he enjoyed this far more than me

An aerial, err uhh I mean, ferris wheel view of Gilroy Gardens

Out paddle boat duck...T picked out which one we rode

On our paddleboat ride we saw a Brachiosaurus, Triceratops, and T-rex, and T couldn't stop asking about them for the rest of the day!












This is how I look riding a ferris wheel! There is no joy for me sitting in a cage, spining in a circle, but I did this for my little guy only! I will draw the line at those horrific spinning swings!
Saturday on a whim, I packed T up and off we went to Gilroy Gardens for their opening day! We arrived at 10am and were 2 of maybe 20 other people at the park, so within an hour we had gone on all of the rides he wanted, then were able to ride some a second time!
An added bonus was a treasure hunt that the park was hosting where the kids were given treasure maps that lead them to 5 stations around the park where they would find treasures like pinwheels, gliders, a flower lei, etc.
T and I had a wonderful morning playing at Gilroy Gardens, savoring the pristine weather, and just enjoyed one another's company!


















No comments: