Saturday, February 27, 2010

Diapers and More!

Last weekend, my mom and sister hosted a "Diaper shower" for me...it was a really relaxing, easy going get together, just like how I like things, not a big hoopla. They put together an AMAZING buffet spread for brunch - including yogurt and fruit parfaits, brunch casserole, tea sandwiches, the most delicious fresh tropical fruit, and cupcakes, among many other things! It was so nice just being able to hang out and socialize and have some mommy time for the day. We were so blessed to receive an immense amount of diapers and wipes- I think we have enough to last us the first 3 months, WOW! And even though I asked for no other gifts, we received really lovely gifts for the baby and we are so appreciative to all of our friends and family for their generosity and love.


Here I am with Jason's mom making nutella and raspberry tea sandwiches...


The brunch starting to come together...my sister made my all time favorite cupcakes, Confetti, and also homemade red velvet cupcakes!


Baby Sophie joined us for the shower - she has the most precious smile!




Me and my godmother, Aunt Sandy




Me, baby, Krissy, Baby Sophie, Kim and Tiffany

And here we are with Aleyta!





The token baby boy baseball outfit from Aunt Suzy





My nephew Spencer helping open our gifts

Some of my friends and family playing the "Dirty diaper" game - they had to guess what smelly treat was left in all 20 diapers(ie. candy bars and baby foods)! Gross I know but I think they had fun with it!


Before the baby arrives, T gets to have his fun with the diapers - he made the boxes into a bridge and also a racetrack for his cars!

Diapers galore!
These are the flower arrangements I made for the shower




No comments: