Monday, February 8, 2010

Our Mountain Buggy


I have been struggling over what to do about a stroller for the past few months, but as the countdown to our last weeks before this baby arrives quickly pass, I had to make a decision. We still have the single Graco Metrolite that I used with T, that has the baby carrier with it, but I have been trying to decide if I wanted a double stroller.

What was the big decision about you ask? So having a 4 year old one would assume he doesn't use a stroller any longer. Before I ever became a parent, I had quite an opinion on this matter, feeling very strongly that any child who could walk on their own didn't need a stroller. "I will teach my child to stay by my side at all times, and that they didn't need to be held if their legs worked!" Well my son was walking independently at 10 months old, so of course he still used a stroller. And to this day, T still asks to sit in a stroller, especially if we have been walking for quite a ways, if he wants to eat a snack while we run errands, or on the days he falls asleep in the car and I have things to do, he easily transfers to a stroller where he can sleep for a few hours. Am I ready to give that up? No. And my goal once the new baby arrives is to spend a lot of time outdoors going for day hikes and to our favorite places like the zoo and beach. So there are going to be many times when T doesn't want to walk and that's fine with me.
I decided a side by side all terrain stroller would be a good investment. The one I chose is called a Mountain Buggy Duo. It comes with an infant car seat adapter to replace the regular seat which I'm sure we will use for several months. The seats themselves recline all the way to flat which is perfect for T if he naps, or if I don't use the infant carrier and decide to lay the baby down. The canopy is removable, and the seats themselves remove completely to be washed. It has an adjustable handle bar which is a must for a short person like me, and a very large storage basket underneath with zippered compartments for water bottles, keys, phone, etc. I decided on the fun moss green color shown above....I love anything green! T loves his new stroller already, he helped me put the wheels on and has already adjusted his side of the strollers' restraint straps. I think we're going to get a lot if use out of it!
....AND DID I MENTION I FOUND IT FOR 50% OFF THE ORIGINAL PRICE, SCORE!!
Below are two views of how the stroller looks with the infant carrier attachment...





1 comment:

Katherine said...

Love it! That thing looks fancy. I love to browse strollers online. There are so many!!