Saturday, February 6, 2010

Feeling stylish and pregnant

Being in my 8th month of pregnancy means that every day has now become a struggle to find something to wear that I feel reasonably stylish in. Is sacrificing comfort for style really necessary you ask? Well honestly most days no its not, I would much rather wear the same mundane, boring stretchy black pants and over sized cotton sweater that I practically sleep in. Also, being pregnant in the middle of winter means that the clothing options are more bulkier or require layers, during a time when your body already feels huge and poofy anyway. But there are some occasions when I would like to look more pulled together, even if I don't particularly feel that way, and not just look pregnant...I want to look like a stylish woman. And let's be honest, maternity clothes don't always make us feel that way.
So I was on one of the fashion blogs that I frequent and stumbled across this picture of Vanessa Hudgens which I was drawn to for some reason. I thought to myself this outfit could work even if I have a protruding belly. Quite excited actually! Just bought the boots from zappos.com, they're Jessica Simpson and super comfortable, have a low heel but enough to add some length to my short legs. They don't have a buckle like the photo but I think these are still super cute. And the sweater shown below in grey I found in a speckled charcoal/black from Express. The only maternity piece is of course my dark wash skinny jeans, but I would say I successfully adapted this look! Can't wait to wear it, probably for Super Bowl Sunday!



No comments: