Monday, March 22, 2010

14 days old

Tanner has made it to his 2 week mark, and I find myself already saying things like, "I feel like I was just pregnant," and "I can't believe he's 2 weeks old already?" The fact that my days and nights all sort of gel together in one continuum is probably why I find it hard to comprehend how time has passed so quickly. Tanner's 2 week check up is tomorrow so we will find out how much weight he has gained back since his last visit at 3 days old. I'm guessing he's about 6 lbs., as his little arms and legs are starting to look less gangly and scrawny and the cheeks he already had are even more plump - hooray for breast milk!!
Some milestones for him in the last week are:
He smiles in his sleep, especially after eating, and of course just prior to the much anticipated poop!
He also giggles in his sleep which is precious and that I have yet to catch on film but I hope to!
He is always starving from 9-11pm, and about 4-6am so he and I catch up on our gossip/celebrity mags and Rachael Ray show
He peed on his umbilical cord twice (middle of the night half/asleep diaper changes make me a little less diligent with the blocking of the pee), which delayed its ability to dry and fall off, and I was so worried about it becoming infected. But it finally fell off on Saturday, so he had a full bath finally!
He is a grunter - very noisy grunting actually, and its his way of letting us know he is awake, needs his diaper changed, and will soon become very upset if I don't feed him! He really only cries the most with diaper changes.
And of course he has his days and nights mixed up so he sleeps A LOT during the day and is alert at night. This last week he goes longer periods of being awake with his eyes open, almost an hour one time!

Big T had another game this past Saturday, which was a far more enjoyable experience for all of us than the previous weekend. He was able to just play a game without the 2 hour preface of an opening ceremony, and was in far better mood because of it. He even made the biggest play of the game in the third inning, fielding a fast grounder from right field!
He continues to be such a loving and affectionate big brother to Tanner, giving him lots of kisses and cuddles, always asking to hold him, and he likes to say when Tanner cries, "Ohhh, the poor guy!"

As for me, I feel like I am getting as much rest as is possible having 2 little ones now. There have even been a few nights when Tanner has slept four hours, which feels like so much more when you are sleep deprived, and I wake from that four hours feeling incredibly refreshed and alert!! Funny how that works! My parents continue to be a huge support and even though Jason went back to work this week, they come by in the afternoon to take T for a few hours.

The weirdest thing for me right now is how much I am still having cravings, as though I'm still pregnant!? It's probably more related to my breastfeeding and burning so many calories, but I feel like I should still be pregnant with how much I'm craving sweets. Technically, my due date is this Friday March 26, so maybe my body still thinks it should be pregnant...Well that's the excuse I'm sticking with when I go have frozen yogurt for the fourth time this week!

A list of recent cravings: Red Velvet cupcake frozen yogurt is a new find! Brownies. French vanilla yogurt with granola and blueberries. Cupcakes. Jelly Bellies. Oh and still cereal!

Last Friday, Jason's parents brought over pizza from Angelo's and watched Planet Earth with T






No comments: